What lane rate information does DAT provide?
DAT provides you with the most comprehensive and accurate rate planning tool in the industry. Forecast and benchmark rates with DAT RateView™.
- Forecast carrier rates for contract negotiations, extrapolating from volatility in spot market supply and demand, and rate histories
- Access comprehensive, up-to-date contract and spot market rates in the DAT® Freight Rates™, including fuel surcharges and accessorial fees
- Benchmark contract rates against current and historical market rates
- Establish pricing guidelines by knowing what the market is paying for vans, reefers, and flatbeds by date, region, and season
- Review supply-and-demand data on specific lanes based on rolling 30-day averages
Are DAT rate averages accurate?
Yes, they are the most accurate and up-to-date rates available in the trucking industry. Separate databases for the spot and contract freight markets allow for accurate and current rates.
- DAT's contract rates database is comprised of rates from more than 14 million actual freight bills
- Our spot market rates database includes 500,000 rates per month from rate agreements
- Information for spot market freight is updated daily, contract rates are updated to a monthly average.