Did you miss out on this year’s TIA Capital Ideas Conference and Expo? As usual, this year’s event was packed with expert insights and educational sessions for freight brokers and 3PLs.
The Learning Center is always a major highlight of the conference, and representatives from DAT offered several sessions. You can download the presentation slides for each one below.
2020 Vision: 18-Month Outlook on the U.S. Freight Economy
We analyzed data from the transportation sector and the economy at large to deliver new insights about the capacity trends that matter to your business.
Presenter: Peggy Dorf, DAT
KPIs and Models That Work
Which KPIs can help you to make the right operational decisions to keep your business growth on track? We break it down and discuss the influence of market forces on your most important metrics.
Presenters: Steve Blair, DAT; Bob MacGrady, Navigator Direct.
Solving Common and Not-So-Common Problems With Data Analytics
Take the analytical approach to unexpected problems by harnessing industry data. Examples include extreme weather events, regulatory change, and a surprising mix of short- and long-haul lanes in your best customer's RFP.
Presenter: Alex Perry, DAT
Managing Your Online Reputation
Everybody's talking, but what are they saying about your company? Learn how to set your company up for success with prospective customers and carriers, by accentuating the positives, and responding constructively to the negatives.
Presenters: Sandy Cahill and Robert Rouse, DAT
Check out photos from the conference on the DAT Instagram account.
Other highlights from this year's conference
- TIA president Bob Voltmann announced the launch of a new TIA Center for Educational Excellence, funded by a joint contribution from DAT and the Jubitz family, who founded DAT in 1978
- TIA has a new chairman: Brian Evans, President and CEO of L&L Freight Services in Cabot, AR, replaced outgoing chairman Jason Beardall of C.R. England
- The 2019 outstanding woman in logistics was Judy McReynolds, Chairman, President, and CEO of Arcbest in Fort Smith, AR
- Leonard’s Express of Farmington, NY won the TIA Good Samaritan Award for the company’s support of cancer research and other local charities
- For the third year in a row, DAT was recognized for bringing in the most new TIA members
- Attendees learned about embracing success and avoiding failure from a rousing keynote by Jon Taffer of TV’s "Bar Rescue"
- Lots of face-time with Tim, one of the minions from "Despicable Me"
And thanks to all who attended the DAT party.
Still looking for ways to improve the efficiency of your business? Wonder if you’re getting the most out of the tools you use? DAT customers can register now for DATCON19, our fourth annual user conference.