PORTLAND, Ore.— DAT Freight & Analytics, operator of the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America, has partnered with Comdata Inc. to expand its DAT Fuel Card program and help small truck fleets and owner-operators save more money at the pump. The DAT Fuel Card is designed to help DAT’s owner-operator and small-carrier customers manage fuel and maintenance expense payments and find discounts at a time when fuel prices are soaring via a single mobile platform: DAT One.
The DAT Fuel Card and partnership with Comdata are part of a portfolio of new fleet management and payment solutions available through the DAT One mobile app, which combines valuable services for owner-operators and drivers with the industry’s largest load board. Cardholder advantages include:
- Cash price plus additional cents off the gallon at select fueling locations
- Savings up to 65% on tires and retreads at more than 3,000 locations
- 24/7 driver support and online account management
- Custom spending limits to help control fraud and abuse
- Services to help manage fuel tax, licensing, permitting and other compliance needs
- Access to reporting and analytic tools to help manage fuel expenses
- Savings of up to 80% on prescription drugs, provided by SingleCare
- Additional savings on secure parking and discounts on Comdata’s permit services
“Fuel is the No. 1 operating expense for truck fleets. With diesel fuel prices near two-year highs, the timing of our partnership with Comdata couldn’t be better,” said Greg Hastings, Vice President, Strategy Execution at DAT. “DAT customers now have direct access to the most fully-featured, widely accepted fuel card and reward program in the industry—an ideal companion to our DAT One app. Small fleets and owner-operators can book their next load knowing the DAT Fuel Card can deliver additional savings.”
“Our goal is to always exceed customers’ expectations through innovative payment options, so we are very excited about our partnership with DAT,” said Comdata NAT President, Eric Dowdell. “We look forward to bringing a wide acceptance network, deep savings, and real-time analytics, to new customers, while continuing to push the envelope with new payment solutions.”
The DAT Fuel Card is accepted at more than 8,000 fuel and maintenance locations through the Comdata network.