Last Updated: 2022-08-01
If you are a California resident, please click here for more information about your specific privacy rights.
Your privacy is important to us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to learn how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding your Personal Data.
DAT is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, unless specified otherwise. This Privacy Notice applies to the collection and processing of Personal Data collected by us when you visit our branded websites that link to this Privacy Notice; use our online products and services as an authorized user where we act as a controller of your Personal Data; visit our branded social media pages; visit our facilities; communicate with us (including emails, phone calls, texts or fax); or register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars, trade shows or contests.
This Privacy Notice does not apply when we process Personal Data on behalf of our customers in the role of processor or other service provider, such as when we allow customers to create their own websites/applications to offer their own products and services, to send electronic communications to others; or otherwise use, collect, share or process Personal Data via our online products and services. Our customers’ privacy policies may be different from ours, and we are not responsible for those practices. For information about the privacy practices of our customers who use our products and services as a controller, please contact that customer directly.
1. Collection of Personal Data. We collect three types of Personal Data from you:
In some cases, the collection and processing (see Section 2 below) of Personal Data is required for you to receive certain products or services. Personal Data does not include information that is anonymized or aggregated such that you cannot be identified from it.
If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and have obtained any necessary consent for the information to be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly or want to exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the Contact Us section (Section 16) below.
2. Processing and Use of Personal Data. We process your Personal Data for the purposes listed below. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Data for these purposes. Otherwise, we rely on another authorized legal basis (including but not
limited to the (a) performance of a contract or (b) legitimate interest to collect and process your Personal Data.
3. Protecting Personal Data. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration,
or destruction. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure or error-free. Personal Data you send to or from the website or via e-mail may not be secure, and we encourage you to contact us about more secure ways to share sensitive information when necessary. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them and to log out of any accounts you access after your sessions.
4. Your Individual Rights. You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data based on applicable local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include the right to:
We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights. You may exercise these rights, to the extent applicable, by sending us an email at [email protected], writing to us at 8405 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton OR, 97008, or by calling (800) 547-5417. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
5. Personal Data Retention. Personal Data will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
6. Data Transfers to Countries Outside the EU/EEA. Data entered on our website are transferred to a server in the U.S. and stored there. Your data may be used and disclosed by the Company and its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) including in the U.S. Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country.
7. Disclosing Personal Data to Third Parties. We share Personal Data with third parties in a manner consistent with our Terms and Conditions. We may share your Personal Information with the categories of recipients described below:
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We may also share Personal Information that has been deidentified or aggregated with third parties for any purpose.
8. Promotional and Marketing Policy. We may ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the unsubscribe function in our newsletter, contacting us at [email protected], or by writing to us at DAT Solutions, 8405 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton OR, 97008. Requests to unsubscribe from DAT e-mails may take 5 business days to process.
9. Cookies and Tracking Technologies. Please see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notification below.
11. Children. Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to us through this website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not access, use, or provide any information on the website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by sending us an email at [email protected] or writing to us DAT Solutions, 8405 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton OR, 97008.
12. Data Breaches. While every effort and measure is taken to reduce the risk of data breaches, we have dedicated controls and procedures in place for such situations, along with the procedures that are required to make notifications to the relevant Supervisory Authority and data subjects (where applicable).
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page (“Disclosure”) supplements the Privacy Notice above and is effective as of 2021-07-27. The Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that DAT collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. In the 12 months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, DAT has disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties” section of the Privacy Notice above personal information that falls into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Right to Access or Delete Personal Information: The California Consumer Protect Act may provide you with the right to request information about the personal information DAT collects about you, to receive a copy of your personal information, or delete the personal information we hold. If you wish to do any of these things, please visit dat.com/web/privacy-policy or contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable. You may exercise these rights by sending us an email at [email protected], writing to us at 8405 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton OR, 97008, or by calling (800) 547-5417. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
Sharing your Personal Information. We share Personal Data with third parties in a manner consistent with our Terms of Service with you. You may have the right to opt-out of the sale of this information. You may exercise these rights by sending us an email at [email protected], writing to us at 8405 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton OR, 97008, or by calling (800) 547-5417. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
No Discrimination. DAT will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Strictly-necessary cookies and technology. These are cookies and other technologies that are required for the operation of our website, our products, and our services, and therefore cannot be turned off. You can set your browser or device to block or alert you about these cookies, but functionality may be impaired. These cookies do not store any personal data. These cookies are used solely for the purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication and are strictly necessary to provide you with the information service you have expressly requested. The use of these cookies for the purposes described above is based on our legitimate interest to ensure your access to and the proper technical functioning of our website, products, and services that you have expressly requested.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your activity on our site or using our services including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our content more relevant to you to measure the effectiveness of our marketing. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These are also optional cookies, although if you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Your Choices: Managing Your Preferences
When you first visit our website you will be presented with a banner which offers you a choice about whether to accept or reject cookies or tracking technologies of different types, with the exception of those cookies which are strictly necessary for a particular service.
If you wish, you can also choose how web browser cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. Some devices allow you to control this through your device settings. If you choose not to receive cookies at any time, websites may not function properly and certain services will not be provided. Each browser and device is different, so check the settings menu of the browser or device to learn how to change your settings and cookie preferences.
You can find information on how to manage cookie settings on certain browsers via the following links:
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at:
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses within the EU and EEA (IP-masking).