What do Google, Facebook and Twitter have in common with the new DAT Power load board? They all use state-of-the-art web technology to deliver results quickly and accurately.
The new, web-based version of DAT Power sets a new standard for load boards: it delivers results faster, reduces clicks and keystrokes, and remembers your previous actions, so you can do more in less time. While some load boards refresh their postings every 60 seconds, truck searches and load posts on DAT Power appear instantaneously. That means if you’re competing with other brokers to cover a load, you can be taking calls from carriers before your competition’s loads ever appear on other load boards.
Because the new version of DAT Power is web-based rather than downloaded to a computer, users can access it from any computer—even Macs—at work, at home, or while traveling.
The new DAT Power is a complete redesign of the load board. A team of product managers, usability experts and engineers interviewed and observed brokers and carriers to thoroughly understand how a load board could better support the demanding pace of the workplace. Inspired by technologies and best practices used by renown search engine Google and popular social media websites, the technical team went to work to deliver a new standard for productivity and efficiency.
Why it’s better
Here are some of the key benefits of the new DAT Power:
- Post loads faster – There are fewer fields to fill out, along with auto-suggestions as the user types. Managing multiple postings is easy with batch actions like refresh and rollover.
- Search for trucks faster – While some load boards refresh their postings every 60 seconds, new results on DAT Power appear instantly. A filter panel enables users to quickly expand or narrow results. DAT Power learns user preferences for each lane.
- Fewer screens to open – DAT Power displays more information on the search results page, reducing the need to open new windows to view critical information.
- Access from any computer – DAT Power is now web-based rather than downloaded to a computer. You can access it from any computer—anywhere you have an internet connection.
What users are saying
Freight brokers using the new version of DAT Power find that it increases both individual productivity and overall business efficiency.
Daniel Wixted, president of Ready Expediting in Columbia, South Carolina, knows that when it comes to finding carriers, speed is critical. “Sometimes we’re competing with other brokers for a load, so the first person who gets it posted often wins,” he said. That’s when he turns to DAT Power. “It’s like deep sea fishing: you throw your lure overboard and the tuna school hits on it. I mean, I get three to five calls quickly. It’s fast.”
Shellie Greene, an agent for O & I Transport in Dearborn, Michigan, appreciates the clean, easy-to-use layout of the load board. “It gives me everything I need at my fingertips,” he said. “I can do most of my work without changing screens.”
How can I get the new version of DAT Power?
- Current DAT Power users – You can start using the web-based version of DAT Power now. Simply go to power.dat.com and log in with your existing username and password.
- If you don’t have DAT Power – If you’re interested in learning more about DAT Power, or to see a demo, contact us.
- Enterprise customers – Group collaboration functions will be coming soon. Your account manager will call you when you’re able to migrate to the web-based version of DAT Power.