The Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) has appointed three new vice presidents to enhance its new membership and government affairs efforts. TIA is North America's leading association for freight brokers and 3PLs, with more than 1,700 members.
Matt Mantione has joined TIA as Vice President of Membership, where he will responsible for advancing and supporting TIA membership. Mantione previously served as the Director of Membership and Region Development for the Design-Build Institute of America. He also spent more than a decade as Director of Global Membership and Regional Vice President of Relations for ASIS International, a 40,000-member organization for security professionals.
Chris Burroughs has been promoted to Vice President of Government Affairs. Burroughs has 11 years of Congressional affairs experience and serves as the staff liaison on several policy committees that affect freight brokers. He also has been a valuable resource for DAT, helping to explain to our readers how legislative issues moving through Washington D.C. will affect their businesses.
Will Sehestedt also has been promoted to Vice President of Government Affairs. Sehestedt has been with TIA for five years. He, too, serves as staff liaison on several transportation policy committees. Before joining TIA, he worked as a staff member for Senator Max Baucus of Montana.
Benefits of TIA membership
If you're a 3PL and are not currently a TIA member, here are some of the benefits that are available exclusively to members:
- Model Contracts – Save time and money with ready-to-use contracts, written and reviewed by a team of transportation attorneys.
- TIA Frameworks – Expert-created guidelines to help 3PLs make the right call in tough situations. Topics include Carrier Selection, Cargo Claims, Combating Fraud, Government Freight, and more.
- TIA Logistics Publications – Members-only weekly and monthly newsletters with exclusive articles and insights on industry trends.
- Advocacy – TIA's government affairs team advocates to Congress and federal agencies on issues and regulations affecting 3PLs.
- TIA Watchdog – TIA's fraud prevention website, which allows members to warn one another and avoid problem carriers.
- TIA Education – Discounted rates on courses and seminars offered online, with courses on Temperature Control Transport, Partnership Selling, Certified Transportation Broker (CTB), and more.
- TIA Logo – Stand out to shippers and carriers with the TIA logo on many major loadboards, including DAT, and your organization's website.
- Networking Opportunities – Discounted rates on registration and exhibition at conferences and meetings, which provide an opportunity to network with and learn from your peers.
How to become a member