Carriers expect to face driver shortages this year, according to the Initial responses to TransCore’s carrier benchmark survey. They expressed concerns about staffing issues, in response to a question about business challenges that might arise in 2010 and 2011.
Other concerns included CSA 2010, other regulatory changes and economic trends.
Meanwhile, truckload rates are increasing, and broker rates are starting to exceed contract rates in certain markets, especially for reefers.
Note: If your company is looking for drivers, we invite you to advertise in truck stops, at toll plazas, in our truck stop location directory, carrier newsletters, or other TransCore media options.
- June freight could set the tone for rest of year
- Technology tackles trucking's parking problem
- Secrets to trucking success: Find a need and fill it
- Van rates finally get a boost
- Reefer rates growing as produce season arrives
- Freight Forecast: Is the worst yet to come?