While TransCore's Truckload Rate Index shows national van linehaul rates holding at $1.27/mile, an analysis of several of the top markets shows rates beginning to weaken.
A few of the changes found through use TransCore's Truckload Rate Index for spot market follow-
Market leader for increasing van rates:
- Philadelphia, PA
- All five lanes measured increased, especially short haul lanes to Richmond, VA and Boston, MA.
- Backhaul lanes to Atlanta, Columbus and Chicago were also up by six to eight cents per mile.
Market leader for decreasing rates:
- Dallas, TX declined by 3.1% as measured in seven key lanes
- Chicago, IL declined in four of six key lanes
- Philadelphia, PA increased in all five lanes benchmarked versus one week ago, total increase = 9.9%
- Columbus to Philadelphia: down by $0.35 (to $1.99 for linehaul)
- This is still a strong headhaul rate but reflects the fact there are now better options leaving Philadelphia
*You are welcome to contact me at TransCore for explanation of terminology: email@example.com
For each week's Rate Trend, we analyze changes in freight movement and rates on the spot market in 48 top lanes across the U.S. These routes serve major markets, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. We also look at secondary markets such as Columbus, Denver and Memphis.
To find rates for your favorite lanes and equipment every day, subscribe to Truckload Rate Index Combo. You'll get spot market pricing from broker rate agreements - not bids - alongside the longer-term contract rates derived from thousands of actual freight bills, plus information about fuel surcharges, accessorial charges and rate calculators.