We expected spot market rates to decline after the end of June, which is usually a peak month for freight. Vans and reefers followed the seasonal pattern, but flatbed rates seem to be rebounding in mid-August after a lull in July. Do you see indications of increased demand in the flatbed segment? New capacity constraints? Please comment.
- Why are truckload spot rates lower than last year?
- Trucker Tips: How I find the best-paying loads
- How a 3PL managed one of the worst hurricane seasons
- June freight could set the tone for rest of year
- Southeast is hot for flatbeds
- How to find the best freight brokers